Turkel Design develops designer houses with a dedication to systems-built homes. High-quality materials, precision fabrication and predictability are key selling points of their homes.
Elegant, simple and energy-efficient, all homes follow a refined approach that leverages the predictability of a prefabricated process to control:
Comprehensive design services and key relationships between the client and architect allow the company to customize interiors to provide a unique interior and exterior.
Where Does Turkel Design Deliver Homes?
Turkel has delivered homes in the United States and Canada. The company has a massive portfolio of homes in the United States and Canada, but they have delivered homes worldwide.
A few of the locations outside of the US and Canada that Turkel Design has delivered homes to are:
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
Turkel Design will discuss the company’s delivery locations when contacting the company to ensure delivery and quality of the home is able to be kept.
What Makes Turkel Design Unique?
Turkel Design has built over 100 homes in the United States and Canada. The company’s key difference compared to other builders is that they use a systemized method of manufacturing to bring the customer into the fold during a project.
The company’s documentation and design process will include screen-share meetings and walk-throughs of the design – all of it done in the comfort of the client’s home.
Consumers are able to have their home built with as little interruption as possible (from the comfort of their own home), yet they’re able to stay in the middle of the project with virtual meetings.
Custom-built cabinetry allows for a high-end design.
The company is able to produce exact:
- Delivery dates
From start to finish, the company works with homeowners to build a home that is truly unique and predictable while also taking care of the time-consuming details, such as selecting contractors, sourcing appliances and finishes.
What is the Turkel Design Building Process?
Turkel Design enables customers to build their own custom home, yet the company tries to follow their proven design practices to make homebuilding as fast, efficient and cost-friendly as possible.
The home building process follows a seven-step method of success:
#1 - Preparation
Preparation for the home is intense, but it varies depending on your needs. A lot of homeowners will look at the Turkel Design Axiom Series and can modify one of the homes in this series.
If none of the homes meet the person’s needs, a custom home can be built.
After the basics of the home is envisioned, the potential buyer will go through a process that looks at:
- Feasibility to analyze the site where the home is to be built, choosing a couple of site options and then determining which site best meets the consumer’s needs.
- House selection or development involves choosing from the 11 homes on the Axiom Series to pick from, or work through the custom development process.
- Worksheet and event timeline to help determine the length of the process and anticipated costs.
#2 - Design
High-quality designs start with a set of tools that allow Turkel Design to work with consumers online. Through screen-share meetings, the design process will proceed, with the company helping walk consumers through each design iteration.
The company will create 3D models of the home and help consumers visualize the final home.
The process also includes:
- Regulatory research that includes working with local planners to ensure that the 3D model meets local requirements and restrictions.
- Site visits to view the land and discuss placement.
- Modeling of the site to have a better representation of how the home will look.
- Schematic design with a 3D digital model and views.
- Cladding study, which allows the consumer to better be able to visualize various materials and color schemes.
- Planning review to finalize all of the plan’s details.
#3 - Pricing
Pricing is fixed, so consumers know how much their Turkel Design home package will cost. Pricing is updated as the company works with the consumer on the design process.
The cost of the home has many price variations, including:
Homes start at $850,000.
Consumers will go through an intense pricing process that includes:
- Prefabricated pricing that determines the base price of the prefabricated package.
- Builder identification and evaluation to find a trusted builder.
- Pricing analysis, with a list of general contractors in the area along with their estimates for the cost of the home.
#4 - Permitting
Permitting can be a lengthy process, but Turkel walks clients through the entire process.
The company will work with buyers to help with:
- Permit documents by providing drawings and specifications that are sent to local building departments for review.
- Consultant coordination with all key persons involved in the process, including engineers, permit expediters and landscape designers.
- Application for all permits, with clarification available on drawings and specifications.
#5 - Site Prep & Fabrication
Site prep and fabrication can begin once all of the permits are obtained. The home’s prefabrication is being done while the contractor works on the site prep to ensure that the project is done in a timely manner.
The process includes:
- Builder orientation, which involves Turkel working with the builder to prepare the site of the home and to help the builder better understand how the building process works.
- Drawings that come with 3D models of every piece of the home and how they connect.
- Prepping the site. The prep work is done by the local builder and a team of experts that will put down the home’s foundation.
- Fabrication of the home will take place in a factory to allow for a quick turnaround time and the best possible end product.
#6 - Delivery & Assembly
Delivery of the home takes place after the foundation work is complete. The package is done via truck and assembled by an experienced crew. All of the walls arrive as panels, and the floor and roof come as components. The delivery leaves the structure ready for windows and doors to be installed.
The delivery and assembly proceeds in three main phases:
- Delivery of panels rather than modules to save time and fuel.
- Assembly of the weather-tight shell using a process that causes less noise, takes less time and is able to be completed even in regions where seasons are short.
- Structure is the final part of the process where the contractor enters the home and is able to put the finishing interior touches on the home. The contractor follows a detailed plan, which allows for the electric and plumbing to be installed, interior walls, cabinetry, flooring and other features picked out in the initial stages of the design.
#7 - Cabinetry & Specs
A Preferred Vendor Network is used to help provide truly unique cabinetry. The network allows for the company to source and ship cabinetry that meets the homeowner’s specifications. Some of the pieces will come as part of the standard package, while others will be additional options that the consumer chooses during the design process.
The cabinetry and specification phases include:
- Design includes a variety of details and finishes, which allow for unique cabinetry in the home.
- Fabrication is done in a factory and delivered to the home site. The local contractor is responsible for the installation of the cabinetry.
- Finishing is also provided, which includes doors, flooring, decking, cladding, windows and built-in cabinetry.
Turkel Designs will also be able to help consumers select and source fixtures, appliances, furnishings and finishes. Support is provided to the builder throughout the whole process to ensure that the home’s plan is followed to the vision of the owner.
How Much Are Turkel Design Homes?
Turkel Design homes start at $850,000 and go up depending on the additional finishes and specifications of the consumer.
The developer will work with consumers throughout the entire process to update the fixed cost of the home as more options are chosen.
Pricing also includes:
- $30,000, or around this price, for the Axiom plans
- $80,000 - $200,000 for complete custom plans
- $150 - $250 per square foot for the home’s prefab
- $150 - $250 per square foot to construct the home (contractor)
A lot goes into the home’s pricing, so these figures are just a base price.