6 Blackjack CrossingWalpole, NH 03608
New Hampshire Prefab Builders
Unity Homes uses a prefabrication process that helps deliver quality results for their customers. For 40+ years, the builder has worked tirelessly to position itself as a sustainable, green construction company that utilizes automation to allow team members to spend more time on the project’s safety and efficiency.
Unity’s New Hampshire prefab homes are built and delivered to customers across the Northeast US.
The building process revolves around the company’s five main home models. The layouts of these homes fit the needs of most would-be buyers, and flexible options allow you to make the home truly yours with custom options.
Every project starts with a step-by-step build process that begins with:
1. The information phase involves gathering information about your budget, design preference and building site. Your building site is especially important because it will have a major impact on cost. Additional site work, such as running utilities and tree clearing, will add to the project cost. You'll also need to choose a design from the five available models to work off of for your home.
2. Engage with Unity Homes to discuss your project in greater detail. The builder will review your budget, timeline and other necessities. You may be asked to attend a public event to learn more about the building process, but this is 100% optional and offered online and offline.
3. Build options will be discussed, including Shell and Tempo. We’ll discuss this more below in the “Kit Options” section.
4. Developing the design is the next step and costs between $2,500 and $11,000. You'll also sign a Preconstruction Service Agreement at this stage. A 3D model of the home with personal touches is made for you to look through and approve.
5. Finishes and fixtures are chosen if you choose the Tempo build option.
6. Talk to a local builder about the site work, shell component assembly and the finishings.
7. Financing help is offered by Unity Homes, which will send plans to the lender and help with the appraisal process.
8. Sign the construction contract to begin the process and start on the off-site construction.
From here, the construction process and site work will begin.
Unity’s five home models allow them to fabricate homes rapidly and can have extensive customizations to change them to meet your needs. The following designs are available:
Unity Homes can be finished as quickly as 3 – 4 months after the home’s shell is assembled on site.
Since every person’s needs are different, you may fall into one of the following construction paths:
• Personalized, which means that you want to have slight changes to the design.
• Semi-custom, which means that you need more extensive changes to be made to the design.
• Custom is for clients who want something that is not possible with the design system. This option is available through Unity’s sibling company.
If you want minimal changes to the standard plans, you’ll be put into a streamlined design process that allows for a faster build.
Homeowners who opt for the Tempo kit have the option of choosing all of their finishes and fixtures. You can begin browsing through the standard collection, upgrades and all custom options. Owners can also supply these items themselves if they want something that’s not available yet.
Two main build packages are available: Shell and Tempo
The Shell package includes the basics, such as the home’s roof, flooring, walls, doors, windows and partitions.
A local builder will be responsible for the home’s finishing and foundation.
The Tempo kit includes most of the home’s fixtures and finishes, which a local builder will install. You'll receive all of the materials for the options not included in the Shell, and the local builder will install them.
• Stairs and rails
• Cabinets (kitchen and bathroom)
• Bathroom countertops or accessories
• Tubs and showers
• Light fixtures
• Trim and siding
• Roof boards